By default FloorPlan uses 1/2 the threshold of a door way for one room and 1/2 for the other. Sometimes a split in the middle of the threshold is not desired for flooring. The easiest way to resolve this is to cover this area with another floor.
- Create a new location that has the same Floor Level as the current location
- Using invisible walls draw a very small room that encompasses the threshold area of the doorway (or as much of it as you desire).
- Click on this room and set the floor height to 1/32”. FloorPlan will show this rounded to 0” but internally it remains at 1/32”.
- Optional : You could set the location Floor Level to 1/32” instead of adjusting floor height but I do not recommend doing so. Overlapping locations are useful to many things and having every item on the location rise 1/32” above the original location can induce needless artifacts into the renderings.
- Apply the appropriate texture to the floor. FloorPlan is very smart about textures and applies them such that the textures will align even if the floors are on different levels.
- Your could imagine that textures are an infinite 2D plane that FloorPlan shows whenever an object’s settings reflect that texture.
If you get very creative with the camera you may be able to see the 1/32” height difference but I have never encountered any situation during real-world use.